You will need:
A batch of the the “Chipotle Tempeh and Carrot Dish” recipe, as follows:
1 sweet onion, diced
2 garlic cloves
1 package of your favorite organic chipotle seasoning
1 small tomato, seeded and diced
1 8oz package of tempeh
4 carrots, shredded
2 tbsp freshly snipped chives
3 tbsp freshly snipped scallions
organic corn taco shells
1. Cook onion until it just starts to turn soft. Add garlic and diced tomato and cook for 2 minutes longer, tossing often. Using the larges-sized blades on a basic food grater, grate the tempeh onto a plate creating a large pile that resembles ground beef.
2. Add chipotle seasoning to the onion and tomato, toss and cook for one minute. Add the grated tempeh and toss and cook for 2 minutes longer.
3. Add carrots and toss for 30 seconds. Then add the scallions and chives, remove from heat and toss several times.
Make the tacos:
4. Add this tempeh filling to ORGANIC corn tacos shells. (anything that is not organic is probably GMO, especially with corn)
5. Top with your favorite vegan cheese (look for these next to the tofu products at your grocery store)
diced tomatoes, guacamole, olive, romaine, spinach, etc.
(The tacos pictured are served with yellow squash that has been cut into thin strips to make a “spaghetti,” and tossed with a basil-pesto sauce.)