You will need:
1 cup uncooked quinoa, any color
1 tbsp Jamaican Curry Seasoning, or any curry-type seasoning of your choice
1 red onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 carrots, shredded
4 tbsp chives, finely chopped
2 tbsp basil, finely chopped
“Galaxy Nutritional Foods” Vegan Cream Cheese
See this link – http://www.galaxyfoods.com/galaxy-products/soy-cheese/veggie/cream-cheese/
(available at Publix and Whole Foods)
8 slices of “Food For Life” Millet Bread
See this link – http://www.foodforlife.com/product-catalog/gluten-free-and-wheat-free/gluten-and-wheat-free/breads/166C6-Wheat-Free-and-Gluten-Free-Millet-Bread
(Usually available at Publix, and at Whole Foods and other health food stores. If not, ask your local grocery store to get it for you.)
For the dressing:
1 /4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp dried basil
To make dressing, combine all ingredients, add sea salt to taste, whisk and set aside.
1. Cook the quinoa in simmering water for about 10 minutes (according to package instructions), set aside. Add the curry seasoning and a pinch of sea salt to the water as the quinoa cooks, to flavor it.
2. Cook the onion in 1-2 tbsp coconut oil until it just starts to turn soft, then add the garlic and shredded carrot. Toss and cook for an additional 1 minute.
3. Add quinoa to the onion/carrot mixture and toss. Then add the chives and basil and toss again. Turn off heat and let flavors saturate the dish, tossing once or twice every 30 seconds or so.
4. As the chives and basil flavors are released, gently toast the millet bread.
5. Spread the toasted millet bread with the vegan cream cheese, top with the quinoa mixture, and garnish with shredded zucchini. Drizzle the olive oil dressing over the top, serve with half of a freshly-cut avocado!