“Turtle Island Smoky Maple Bacon” tempeh strips (usually found next to the tofu at your grocery store)
2 slices sprouted grain bread
thin onion slices
1 pasture-raised, organic egg
organic, raw spinach
grass-fed goat cheese
sea salt, Italian seasoning
1. Heat coconut oil and cook onion slices until soft, and cook tempeh strips in the same oil. Remove from heat.
2. Add more oil to the skillet if needed, and scramble egg. As it cooks, gently shape it into an egg-patty, season. Remove from heat when cooked.
3. While everything is cooking, put about 1 tbsp goat cheese on a slice of sprouted grain bread. Place both slices in a toaster oven, toast until bread is lightly warmed and goat cheese is easy to spread.
3. Season, assemble sandwich and enjoy!
Link for “Turtle Island Smoky Maple Bacon Tempeh Strips”
A lighter, healthier alternative to the traditional apple pie recipe!
You will need:
2-3 tbsp red pepper jelly (organic/no high fructose corn syrup)
8-10 granny smith apples
2 tbsp coconut palm sugar
1 tsp lemon zest
pinch of ground cloves
frozen spelt flour pie-crust
(drozen, double-count spelt pie crusts are usually available at health food stores)
1. Core apples and cut into 1/2 inch wedges. I leave the skin on mine, but you can peel them if you wish.
2. Cook apples in a large saucepan with the palm sugar, lemon zest, cloves, and about 2 tbsp coconut oil until just tender, about 8-9 minutes. Toss often.
3. Spread red pepper jelly in the bottom of the thawed pie crust, then spread the apples on top of the jelly. You can add the other pie crust over the top of the apples, pressing the edges together. As a healthier alternative, leave the apples uncovered.
4. Bake for about 15 minutes at 400 degrees, then lower temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until apples are cooked and soft, or until crust is golden.
Serve with coconut milk ice cream!