Alkaline veggie burger
More flavorful than regular hamburgers, and better for you.
Sprouted grain burger bun
“Organic Sunshine” veggie burger (Available at Whole Foods. Made from brown rice, not wheat or soy.)
Spinach (or romaine, or sprouts)
“Eden” brand mustard, made with apple cider vinegar
- Heat the oil on medium heat, then cook the burger. When almost done, lightly toast the bread.
- Arrange ingredients on bun.
Alkaline tuna sandwich
(makes two sandwiches)
4 slices of sprouted grain bread
1 can wild caught albacore tuna in water
1 carrot, shredded
5-7 large basil leaves, chopped
1 tbsp tarragon leaves, chopped
1 tsp ground flax seed
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
1 ½ tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp Hemp oil
“Eden” brand stone ground mustard with apple cider vinegar (optional)
- Drain oil from tuna. Using a fork mix the tuna, carrot, basil, tarragon, flaxseed, Italian seasoning, olive oil and hemp oil together in a medium bowl. Add sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Place 1-2 tbsp goat cheese on top of two slices sprouted grain bread. Toast all four slices of bread lightly in a toaster over, until bread is soft and warm. Using a knife, spread the goat cheese evenly.
- Assemble the tuna, spinach, and mustard onto the sprouted grain bread, with the goat cheese as the top slice.