You will need:
1 14 oz can chickpeas (rinsed), or 1 cup cooked chickpeas (you could also use a vareity of other beans)
6 scallions, diced
1 large tomato, diced
1 small green bell pepper, diced
1 small red onion, diced
10-12 black olives, whole or cut into pieces
1 1/2 tbsp capers
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp chopped basil
4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
5 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
sea salt and fresh ground pepper
1. Assemble all salad ingredients in large bowl, leave the eggs out for garnishing.
2. Mix the dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl.
3. Toss together. Garnish with the hard-boiled eggs.
Alkaline tuna sandwich
(makes two sandwiches)
4 slices of sprouted grain bread
1 can wild caught albacore tuna in water
1 carrot, shredded
5-7 large basil leaves, chopped
1 tbsp tarragon leaves, chopped
1 tsp ground flax seed
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
1 ½ tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp Hemp oil
“Eden” brand stone ground mustard with apple cider vinegar (optional)
- Drain oil from tuna. Using a fork mix the tuna, carrot, basil, tarragon, flaxseed, Italian seasoning, olive oil and hemp oil together in a medium bowl. Add sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Place 1-2 tbsp goat cheese on top of two slices sprouted grain bread. Toast all four slices of bread lightly in a toaster over, until bread is soft and warm. Using a knife, spread the goat cheese evenly.
- Assemble the tuna, spinach, and mustard onto the sprouted grain bread, with the goat cheese as the top slice.