You will need:
Sprouted grain bread (found in the freezer section of most grocery stores)
your favorite organic mustard
“Earth Balance” Mindful Mayo, or your favorite healthy mayo substitute
“Galaxy Nutritional Foods” sliced cheeses, your favorite flavor
(go to this link to find out more about vegan cheese – www.galaxyfoods.com/galaxy-products/soy-cheese/veggy/)
1. Place a slice of cheese on on half of the sprouted grain bread, then toast both slices of bread just until warm and soft.
2. Add mustard and Earth Balance Mayo to the empty slice of bread.
3. Using a large spoon, lift the avocado out of the shell in “shavings” and arrange on bread.
3. Top with tomato slices, romaine or spinach (or both), and anything else you like on your sandwiches.
Miso Soup with Vegetables
Miso soup is a staple in Japan, and a major part of the macrobiotic diet, a diet that has tremendous healing abilities.
Not only is this easy enough for kids to make, it is also packed with nutrition!
You will need:
Miso soup packages (the number of servings should be on the package)
Vegetables such as:
carrots/celery/Bok choy/spinach/radish/bean sprouts/asparagus/bell pepper
1. Bring water to a boil in a tea pot or sauce pan. Pour hot water into bowls with miso soup mix. Stir.
2. Add a handful of chopped and diced vegatables, enjoy.
Note: To make this a boxed lunch, bring your package of miso concentrate/powder with you, along with a baggie full of pre-chopped, lightly steamed (optional) vegetables. As long as you can find hot water at lunchtime, you can make this soup easily. And make sure you bring a bowl!
Strawberries with Cashew Cream
For the cashew cream:
5-6 oz raw cashews
1 tbsp raw honey
1 tsp vanilla
approx. 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
Stevia (to taste)
1. Soak 6 oz raw cashews overnight in filtered water.
2. In a food processor, process the soaked cashews, raw honey, vanilla, and almond milk until a fine, smooth texture is reached.
3. Add tiny amounts of Stevia at a time, until it reaches your desired sweetness.
3. Serve chilled with organic strawberries, raspberries, or top with blueberries for a delightful dessert!
Optional topping suggestion:
Top with pomegranate seeds and squeeze the juice onto the cashew cream as well.
Cashew cream with pomegranate seeds