Thinly sliced romaine lettuce
Chopped basil leaves, any type
Thinly sliced/grated zucchini, carrots, and cabbage
Mint (fresh or dried)
Savoy cabbage, sliced into thin strips
Dandelion leaves, thinly chopped (bitter, use sparingly)
Spinach, thinly chopped
Sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
Rice paper rolls
Large, wide bowl of water
1. Soak one rice paper roll at a time in the water for approx. 60 seconds, or until soft yet still able to hold together when lifted.
2. Lay on a wide plate that has been sprinkled with water.
3. Layer raw vegetables in a row that stretches across the middle of the rice paper, leaving about 2-3 inches on either side.
4. Sprinkle with herbs. Fold the roll ends over the row of vegetables, then turn plate so that that you can complete the roll in the opposite direction, folding the end over and pressing lightly to seal.
5. Serve with almond sauce (below).
6 tbsp sweet onion
2 tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
2-3 tbsp coconut oil
2-3 tbsp raw almond butter
1 1/2-2 tbsp ORGANIC hoison sauce
1-1 1/2 tsp cocnut palm sugar, mascobado sugar, or raw honey
1. Cook onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes over medium heat in the coconut oil until onions are transluscent.
2. Turn heat to low and add the almond butter, hoison sauces, and natural sugar.
3. Whisk until blended and sauce is throughly mixed and lightly warmed, remove from heat.