4 granny smith apples
1 fuji apple
1 1/2 cup ground flax seed (you can use pre-ground for this recipe)
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup filtered water
4 tbsp raw honey
1/8 tsp stevia
handful of walnuts
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 cup coconut flakes
2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Core the apples and cut them into chunks. In a food processor, process the apples, cinnamon, water, and raw honey until almost smooth. Add Stevia to taste.
2. Add the walnuts, cloves, coconut flakes, and coconut oil. Process until smooth.
4. Cut 9-12 square pieces of parchment paper and place 4 on each of the dehydrator trays, trimming the ends so they don’t stick out. Spoon the apple mixture onto the pieces of parchment paper, spread until the “flatbread” is about 1/2 inch thick.
5. Dehydrate at 115 degrees F for 7-9 hours. Each piece is ready when the parchment paper peels off easily.
7. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Optional topping #1:
Raw cashew cream and berries with fresh ground flax seed
I added a handful of blueberries to the cashew cream, which gave a a light blue color.
Optional topping #2
Raw honey, almond butter, sliced banana
(picture not available, we ate it before we took the picture!)